Getting a new microwave can be exciting! However, one of the first things you’ll need to do before using your shiny new appliance is set the clock. Setting the correct time is essential for being able to use the timer functions and delay start features on your Samsung microwave.
While the process is relatively straightforward, the specific steps can vary across the different Samsung models. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the time setting process for most Samsung microwaves so you can get cooking sooner.
Why Setting the Time is Important on a Microwave
Setting the accurate time on your microwave is crucial for several reasons:
- Use delay start feature – Inputting the right time allows you to take advantage of the delay start function which starts cooking at a set time. This is perfect for having meals ready when you want them.
- Time defrosting – When defrosting in your microwave by time, you need the clock set properly to defrost for the correct duration.
- Use kitchen timer – The display clock doubles as a kitchen timer so you can time other tasks like baking.
- Coordinate with other appliances – Some Samsung microwaves are part of smart kitchen suites. Setting the time syncs your microwave with the rest of your appliances.
- Auto cook functions – Preprogrammed auto cook features rely on the correct time set to deliver the optimal results.
Knowing how to set your Samsung microwave time is a basic skill that makes using the appliance much easier.
Steps to Set the Time on a Samsung Microwave
While the overall process is straightforward, the specific steps to set the clock can vary across Samsung models. Here are some of the most common methods:
Using the Time Set or Kitchen Timer Button
Many Samsung microwaves have a dedicated “Time Set” or “Kitchen Timer” button to use to set the clock:
- Press the Time Set/Kitchen Timer button.
- Input the current time by pressing the number buttons.
- Select AM or PM by pressing the Time Set/Kitchen Timer button again.
- Press Start or OK to confirm.
Via the Power or Eco Mode Button
Some Samsung models require you to hold down the Power or Eco Mode button to access the clock setting:
- Press and hold the Power or Eco Mode button for 3-5 seconds until the clock flashes.
- Use the number pads to input the current time.
- Press Power/Eco Mode again to choose AM or PM.
- Confirm by pressing Start or OK.
Using the Settings or Options Button
Higher end Samsung microwaves may have a Settings or Options button to change various functions including the time:
- Press the Settings/Options button.
- Select the Time option often by pressing the number 1.
- Input the correct time with the number buttons.
- Toggle between AM and PM if needed.
- Press Start or OK to set.
With Up/Down Arrows
Basic Samsung models may have up and down arrows to adjust the time:
- Press Clock or Kitchen Timer.
- Press the up or down arrows to adjust the hours.
- Press Clock/Kitchen Timer again.
- Use the arrows to change the minutes.
- Press Start or OK when finished.
Once you’ve correctly set the time on your Samsung microwave, it should display and maintain the accurate time unless power is lost.
Why Does the Time Get Reset on My Samsung Microwave?
If you notice the clock time is incorrect or flashing on your Samsung microwave, this usually means the power was disrupted and the time needs to be reset. Here are some common reasons why the time may need resetting:
- Power outage
- Someone unplugged the microwave
- Electrical storm caused a surge
- Tripped breaker turned microwave off
- The internal backup battery has died
Thankfully, it’s a quick process to reset the time on your Samsung microwave by following the steps outlined above. Just be aware that you may need to re-input the correct time after any power disruption.
Tips for Setting the Time on a Samsung Microwave
To ensure you set the clock accurately on your Samsung microwave, keep these tips in mind:
- Refer to your user manual for model-specific instructions. Methods can vary.
- Make sure the microwave is plugged in and powered on.
- Input the time using the number pads, not the cook time dial.
- Choose AM or PM correctly for the accurate time of day.
- The clock may not advance on its own – you likely have to press start/ok after inputting the time.
- Reset after any power outage that causes the time to flash.
Taking a minute to properly set the clock prepares your Samsung microwave for all its timing capabilities.
Frequently Asked Questions About Setting the Time on Samsung Microwaves
Many people have similar questions when learning how to set the time on their Samsung microwave model. Here are answers to some of the most common questions.
How do I change the time on my older Samsung microwave?
For older Samsung microwaves, hold down the Kitchen Timer/Clock button for 3 seconds until the time flashes. Input the new time with the number pads. Select AM/PM by pressing Kitchen Timer/Clock again. Confirm with Start/OK.
What do I do if the clock flashes on my Samsung microwave?
A flashing clock time on your Samsung microwave means the power was disrupted. You’ll need to reset the correct time using the steps outlined for your specific model. Flashing indicates the time needs to be re-inputted.
Why won’t the clock set on my Samsung microwave?
If the clock won’t set, first make sure your microwave is plugged in and has power. Try unplugging it for 10 seconds, then plug back in. The buttons may have locked – check your manual on how to unlock control panel. Finally, try resetting the time again being careful to follow all steps.
What should I do if my Samsung microwave says Enter Clock?
The Enter Clock or Set Clock prompt means the time needs to be inputted. Simply follow the steps outlined above for your model to correctly enter the current time. This often displays after a power outage.
How do I set clock on Samsung microwave MS23K3515AW?
For that model, first press the Kitchen Timer button. Use the number pads to enter the current time. Press the Power Level button to select AM or PM. Confirm by pressing Start or OK.
Why is my Samsung microwave flashing 00:00?
A Samsung microwave flashing 00:00 means it has lost power at some point. To make the zeroes stop flashing, input the correct time following the steps for your specific model. This reset is required after any power outage.
Can I set the clock on my Samsung microwave oven?
Yes, Samsung microwave ovens require you to set the clock before first use and any time the power goes out. Follow the directions specific to your model to input the current time – this allows you to use all timing functions.
Setting the clock properly is the first step to get the most out of your Samsung microwave. Be sure to reset the time anytime the power flashes or goes out. With the accurate time set, you can then use all the helpful features of your Samsung appliance.
Setting the Time on Specific Samsung Microwave Models
The way to set the clock can vary slightly between different Samsung microwave models. Refer to your user manual or see below for guides on popular models:
- Press the Kitchen Timer button and hold for 3 seconds.
- Enter the time by pressing number pads.
- Press Power Level to toggle AM and PM.
- Confirm with Start.
- Press the Options button.
- Select Set Clock (option 1) using number pads.
- Input current time using number buttons.
- Toggle AM/PM by pressing 1 again.
- Confirm by pressing Start.
- Press the Eco Mode button and hold for 3 seconds.
- Enter time with the number pads.
- Press Eco Mode to switch between AM and PM.
- Press Start to set.
- Press Clock button for 3 seconds until colon flashes.
- Use number pads to input the current time.
- Press Clock again to choose AM or PM.
- Press Start to confirm.
- Press OK button.
- Use left/right arrows to set hour. Press OK.
- Set minutes with left/right arrows.
- Press OK to confirm.
Once you know the specific method for inputting the time for your Samsung model, setting the clock is quick and easy. Follow your user guide or the steps outlined here.
Being able to correctly set the time on your Samsung microwave is the first step after bringing home your new appliance. While methods vary between models, the process simply involves accessing the time setting function, inputting the current time, selecting AM/PM if required, and confirming to set the clock.
Remember to reset the time anytime the power is disrupted and the display flashes. With the accurate time set, you can then utilize all of the Samsung microwave’s timing capabilities like delay start, quick timers, and auto cook programs. Checking your specific model’s manual provides the exact steps required. In just a few minutes, you’ll have the clock set and be ready to microwave with precision.