It’s no surprise that KFC chicken has become a worldwide phenomenon. Who can resist the crispy fried skin and juicy, tender meat doused in that famous seasoning blend? But as delicious as it is, it can also be a bit of a dilemma when it comes to leftovers especially if you’re in a hurry and need to reheat it quickly.
You might be tempted to pop your leftover KFC chicken straight into the microwave, but is it really possible to reheat chicken in the microwave? What are the pros and cons of microwaving your leftover KFC chicken? And how long should you microwave it?
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of reheating KFC chicken in the microwave. I’ll also provide some alternative methods to consider, as well as some tips for reheating KFC chicken to ensure you get the best results every time.
So if you’re looking for the best way to reheat KFC chicken in the microwave, or if you’re simply looking for some tasty ideas for using up leftover KFC chicken, read on for some helpful tips and tricks!
Can You Reheat KFC Chicken In The Microwave?
Yes, you can reheat KFC chicken in the microwave. It’s quick and easy, but you do need to be aware that the former crispy and juicy texture of your chicken may not be preserved when reheating in the microwave. The skin will become soggy and the meat can dry out, but if you’re in a hurry or just want a simple way to reheat a small amount of KFC chicken, then microwaving is a good option.
Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to make sure your chicken retains at least some of its original texture and juiciness. This includes using a paper towel to absorb excess moisture and using a microwave crisper pan to crisp up the skin again.
A microwave crisper pan is a handy tool that can be used to crisp up food in the microwave. It’s made of a special material that is designed to mimic the effect of a traditional oven. You don’t even need to add oil, as your food will naturally crisp up due to the crisper pan’s material and design.
While both of these methods will work, they won’t be as good as the oven-reheated chicken. The oven will heat it more evenly and produce a better texture and flavor. But if you’re in a hurry or don’t have access to an oven, then one of these methods might be better than nothing.
Is It Safe To Reheat KFC Chicken In The Microwave?
KFC is safe to reheat, as long as it is stored properly and heated to the correct temperature. To prevent bacteria from growing, reheat the chicken to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If you’re not sure whether your chicken is cooked through, use a food thermometer to check.
Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, and make sure that the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If it’s not, put it back in the microwave and continue cooking it in 30-second increments until it reaches the correct temperature.
Once your chicken is reheated, enjoy it within two hours. After two hours, bacteria can start to grow and it’s no longer safe to eat.
If you’re reheating a large amount of KFC chicken, it’s best to reheat it in smaller batches. This will help ensure that the chicken reheats evenly and reaches the correct temperature throughout.
Last but not least, make sure to use a microwave-safe dish when reheating your KFC chicken. Microwaveable dishes such as glass or ceramic are best. They won’t leach chemicals into your food as some plastic containers can and they will help distribute the heat more evenly.
How to Reheat KFC Chicken in the Microwave: Step-by-Step
Now that you know it’s safe to reheat your KFC chicken in the microwave, let’s walk through the steps.
- Start by removing your chicken from the refrigerator and letting it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. This will help prevent it from drying out when reheated.
- Next, lay a paper towel on a plate and place your chicken pieces on top.
- Microwave your chicken in 30-second increments, checking the internal temperature after each one.
- Once your chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit, remove it from the microwave.
If you’re using a microwave crisper pan, you’ll need to preheat it in the microwave for about 2 minutes before adding your chicken. After that, you can follow the same steps as above.
Alternative Methods For Reheating KFC Chicken
In addition to the microwave, there are a few other methods you can use to reheat your KFC chicken.
Reheating your KFC chicken in the oven is the best way to preserve its texture and flavor. Follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your chicken on a wire rack over a sheet pan.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After the chicken has reached 150 degrees, raise the oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the skin is crispy.
The Toaster Oven
You can also use a combination microwave and toaster oven to reheat your KFC chicken. This method will help crisp up the skin while still keeping the meat moist. Follow these steps:
- Line the toaster oven tray with foil.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your chicken on a plate and cover it with a paper towel.
- Microwave your chicken for 1 minute.
- Remove the chicken from the microwave and place it on a baking sheet.
- Stick the baking sheet in the toaster oven and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for 1-2 minutes before serving.
5 Ways to Turn Leftover KFC Chicken into an Amazing Meal
Let’s face it, fried chicken is amazing. But sometimes, even the most die-hard fried chicken fans can’t finish an entire bucket in one sitting. That’s where this blog post comes in! We’re here to show you how to turn those fried chicken leftovers into an entirely new and amazing meal. Here are five of my favorite ways to do it.
1. Chicken and Waffles: This classic dish is the perfect way to use up those leftover fried chicken pieces. Simply top your waffle with a few pieces of chicken and your favorite syrup, and you’re good to go.
2. Fried Chicken Sandwich: This one is pretty self-explanatory. Take your favorite bread, add some crispy fried chicken, and enjoy!
3. Fried Chicken Tacos: Looking for something a little more adventurous? Try using your leftover fried chicken in tacos! Just add some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and your favorite taco sauce.
4. Chicken Salad: If you’re looking for a lighter option, try using your leftover fried chicken in a salad. Just add some chopped greens, diced fruits or vegetables, and your favorite dressing.
5. Chicken Parmesan: And last but not least, we have chicken Parmesan! This dish is easy to make and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Simply top your cooked chicken with some tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, and pop it in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
So, you’ve learned that it’s safe to reheat KFC chicken in the microwave. You also now know how to do it correctly, by following these simple steps. In addition to the microwave, there are a few other methods you can use to reheat your KFC chicken. oven or toaster oven.
Whichever method you choose, make sure that you follow the correct temperature guidelines in order to prevent bacteria from growing. And finally, enjoy your delicious and safe-to-eat KFC chicken!