We’ve all been there. You bring home an Arby’s sandwich, and it’s just not the same as when you ate it in the restaurant. So you pop it in the microwave, hoping to reheat it to perfection.
But after a minute or two, you realize that you have no idea how long to keep it in there or what temperature to set the microwave at. As a result, your sandwich is either dry and overcooked or cold and soggy.
But don’t worry – my article can help. By following the instructions below, you’ll be able to reheat your Arby’s sandwich perfectly every time.
Can You Reheat an Arby’s Sandwich in the Microwave?
Yes, you can reheat an Arby’s sandwich in the microwave. That’s right – if you have leftovers from your last Arby’s visit, simply pop them in the microwave for 60 – 90 seconds and enjoy a hot, fresh sandwich all over again.
Although it may seem simple enough, there are a few things you need to keep in mind to avoid your sandwich turning out soggy.
One often overlooked step is to microwave your sandwich on a paper towel or napkin. This will help absorb any excess moisture and prevent your sandwich from getting too wet.
Another thing you can do is to place a mug or cup of water in the microwave alongside your sandwich. The cup of water will help to absorb some of the microwaves.
Without it, the sandwich bread will absorb more microwaves, making it heat up too quickly and turn the water molecules in the bread to steam. The steam then will permeate the crust, making the sandwich soggy.
Here’re the steps to reheat your Arby’s sandwich in the microwave:
- Remove the sandwich from the wrapper and place it on a paper towel.
- Place the sandwich on a microwave-safe plate and microwave it for 60 – 90 seconds.
- Remove the sandwich from the microwave and let it cool for a minute or two before eating.
Is It Safe To Reheat an Arby’s Sandwich in the Microwave?
People are getting afraid that microwaving sandwiches that have mayos on them will carry the risk of getting salmonella. However, that is not true.
Reheating a sandwich in the microwave that has mayonnaise on it will not give you salmonella poisoning, but the ingredients in the mayo could. If those ingredients are not cooked properly, then they could become contaminated and cause salmonella.
As for the meat, it is safe to microwave it as long as it is heated to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This high temperature will kill all bacteria, ensuring that the sandwich is safe to eat.
To check the meat’s internal temperature, insert a food thermometer into the center of the meat. If the thermometer reads 165 degrees, the sandwich is ready to eat.
Otherwise, continue microwaving it in 30-second increments until it reaches the proper temperature.
How To Reheat an Arby’s Sandwich in the Microwave
In just a few short minutes, you can enjoy a delicious Arby’s sandwich that’s been reheated in the microwave. Here’re the instructions:
1. Remove the sandwich from the wrapper and place it on a paper towel
The first step is to take the sandwich out of the wrapper and place it on a paper towel. Doing this will help to absorb any excess moisture and prevent your sandwich from getting too wet.
Don’t use the plastic wrapper that the sandwich with because it can hold moisture and make the sandwich bread becomes wet.
2. Place the sandwich on a microwave-safe plate and microwave it for 60 – 90 seconds.
The second step is to place the sandwich on a microwave-safe plate and heat it for 60 to 90 seconds. Make sure to use a microwave-safe plate, as microwaves can cause unsafe chemicals to leach into your food from certain types of plastic.
3. Remove the sandwich from the microwave and let it cool for a minute or two before eating.
After the sandwich is heated, the last step is to remove it from the microwave and let it cool for a minute or two.
Enjoy your perfectly reheated sandwich!
How To Make Your Sandwich Bread Crispy Again
For many people, the appeal of Arby’s sandwiches lies in the combination of tender meat and crispy bread. While the restaurant does have a secret sauce that helps to create this signature sandwich, the key to getting the bread crispy is actually a browning dish.
By following these simple steps, you can use a microwave browning dish to make your own Arby’s sandwich bread at home.
- Coat the bottom of the browning dish with a small amount of butter or margarine.
- Preheat the browning dish in the microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Place the sandwich bread on the preheated dish. Arrange the slices so that they are not touching.
- Microwave the bread on high for 1 minute.
- Remove the browning dish from the microwave and let the sandwich bread cool for a few minutes before eating.
What If Your Arby’s Sandwich Is Cold On The Inside?
If your Arby’s sandwich is cold on the inside, it is likely because the filling was not heated all the way through.
To fix this, simply separate the sandwich into halves, then place one half on a microwaveable plate. Microwave for 15-20 seconds on high, then repeat with the other half of the sandwich.
Safety Tips For Microwaving Your Arby’s Sandwich
As with any food, there are some safety concerns to keep in mind when reheating an Arby’s sandwich in the microwave.
- Use microwave-safe plates and containers. Do not use non-safe microwave containers as they can cause safety issues.
- It’s better to microwave in short bursts than to heat the food for a long time. This will help to prevent hot spots and uneven heating.
- If your microwave doesn’t have a turntable, be sure to rotate the plate several times during cooking. This will help to cook the food evenly.
- Use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat before eating. This will ensure that all bacteria have been killed and the sandwich is safe to eat.
Reheating an Arby’s sandwich in the microwave is a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious sandwich. Just be sure to follow the tips above to ensure that your sandwich is reheated safely.