Who doesn’t love pizza rolls? They’re easy to make, and they’re always a hit with everyone. But sometimes, you don’t have the time or energy to bake them in the oven.
That’s where the microwave comes in handy! In just a few minutes, you can have hot and delicious pizza rolls. Here’s how to do it.
How Do You Cook Pizza Rolls In The Microwave?
In the following section, we will take a look at the six best pizza roll brands, what’s good and bad about each, and how to cook them in the microwave.
1. Kroger Pizza Snack Rolls
This golden-brown pizza roll is burst with a sweet and savory sauce. You can clearly taste the presence of herbs and spices in every bite.
When drawing the roll apart, melted cheese stretches between each of the little pockets of sauce. The bubbly crust adds an extra layer of deliciousness to this already scrumptious snack.
Whenever I need something quick to serve as a snack at a get-together, these are the first things I grab. They’re easy and fast to make in the microwave, and they taste great with just about any dip or sauce you want!
Kroger Pizza Snack Rolls Microwave Instructions:
- Put a double layer of paper towels on a microwave-safe plate.
- Place the rolls on the towels and arrange them in a circle. Don’t microwave more than 6 at a time to avoid overcrowding the plate.
- Set your microwave power to high and microwave for 65 to 70 seconds.
- Let them stand 1 to 2 minutes before serving.
2. Signature Select Pizza Snacks
Many people like these pizza rolls for their crunchy crust, true tomato sauce, and authentic oregano flavor. It’s a classic blend of flavors that everyone loves!
The golden-brown color of the crust is what makes these rolls so appetizing to look at.
Once you take a bite, you’ll hardly argue that it does actually taste like pizza. Diving deeper into the roll will release fragrant spices that perfectly accentuate how well this product is made.
Here’s how to microwave Signature Select Pizza Snacks:
- Place a double layer of paper towels on a microwave-safe plate.
- Put a maximum of 6 pizza rolls on the paper towels and arrange them in a circle.
- Microwave on high for 70 to 75 seconds.
- Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes before consuming.
3. Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Snacks
The sentiments are split when it comes to how these pizza rolls taste.
Some people said the taste was “like eating the box that once held a pizza” others described the crust as having a “whole wheat vibe” that surprised them pleasantly. Regardless, all agree that these pizza rolls have a good crust to filling ratio.
Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Microwave Instructions:
- Place a double layer of paper towels on a microwaveable plate.
- Arrange up to 6 pizza rolls in a circle on the paper towels.
- Microwave on high for 50 seconds.
- Let stand 1 to 2 minutes before eating.
4. Annie’s Pizza Poppers
Many tasters disliked how tough the rolls’ texture was, with one participant saying how it felt like biting into “chewy cardboard.” The flavor also lacked that signature cheese that makes pizza rolls so appetizing.
Another taster also wrote that they were overly oily, and to make things worse, many people were also disappointed by how little filling there was inside each roll.
Here’s how to microwave Annie’s Pizza Poppers:
- Arrange 11 pizza poppers in a circle on a microwave-safe container.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 35 seconds.
- Let stand 2 minutes before serving.
5. Totino’s Pizza Rolls
Despite its overwhelming popularity, it was a surprise to see how many people went out of their way to complain about how bland the tomato filling was.
Totino’s also suffered from weak seams, with half of the rolls bursting open while I was cooking them in the oven even though I had followed the package instructions to the letter. The only good thing I could say about them was their crunchy crust.
Here’s how to microwave Totino’s Pizza Rolls:
- Place up to 6 rolls in a single layer on a microwavable plate.
- Cook on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds.
- Let stand for 2 minutes before eating.
6. Feel Good Foods Uncured Pepperoni Bites
Feel Good Foods actually had a promising mission for how these pizza rolls would become healthier alternatives to other pizza rolls by using cauliflower crust.
Unfortunately, how it turned out wasn’t quite as flavorful as they had hoped for, with many people complaining how the bites were too doughy and felt bland, to say the least.
Here’s how to cook Feel Good Foods’ Uncured Pepperoni Bites in the microwave:
- Arrange 6 rolls in a circle on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 25 seconds.
- Let stand 2 minutes before serving.
How Long To Microwave Pizza Rolls
All pizza rolls brands that are listed in this article have a cooking time between 65 seconds to 1 minute and 35 seconds.
These cooking times are based on 1000 watt microwaves. You may need to adjust this cooking time according to how powerful your microwave is.
If your pizza rolls are not fully cooked after the given cooking time, continue microwaving them in 10-second intervals, stopping to check how well they’re doing every time.
Pizza Rolls Microwave vs. Oven
The oven will produce a much crispier crust compared to the microwave and heat evenly throughout.
However, the cooking time in a microwave is much shorter at around 1 minute for 6 pizza rolls, while an oven would take up to 15 minutes.
So there is a trade-off on choosing how you want your pizza rolls to be cooked between speed and taste. If you’re not in a rush, it’s better to use an oven as it creates better results.
There’s still a way to make your pizza rolls crispy in the microwave though even though they might not be as crisp as how they would be in the oven. You can do this by using a microwave crisper tray.
Everyone loves how convenient it is to open up a bag of pizza rolls with how quickly you can get them into your mouth without any fuss.
You can use a microwave for cooking the frozen pizza rolls if you need them in a hurry, and it only takes about 1 minute in most cases.
But, if you have the time to spare, it’s better to use an oven because it will make them much crispy and more appetizing.
Once you’ve finished cooking your pizza rolls in the microwave, be careful not to eat them until they’ve cooled down. The filling will be extremely hot, and it’s best to let them stand for a minute or two before digging in.