Warmies are super cute and cuddly plush toys filled with French lavender and natural grains that provide warmth and comfort when heated in the microwave. These adorable critters have been delighting kids and adults alike for years. But how long should you heat up your Warmies friend in the microwave to get that perfectly cozy temperature? Here’s a complete guide to heating up your Warmie to maximize comfort and safety.
Warmies Heating Instructions
All Warmies plush toys come with a sewn-in label that provides the recommended heating instructions. Here are the standard directions according to Warmies:
- Microwave Power: 1000W
- Heating Time: 60 seconds
So ideally you should heat up your Warmie for 60 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave. However, microwave wattages can vary, so you may need to adjust the time accordingly.
Adjusting for Lower Microwave Watts
If your microwave has less than 1000W, here is how long you should heat up your Warmie:
|Microwave Power||Heating Time|
As you can see, the lower the wattage, the longer the heating time needed. For a 700W microwave, heat up your Warmie for 85 seconds instead of 60 seconds.
Don’t Overheat Your Warmie
It’s important not to overheat your Warmie, as it could become dangerously hot or even catch fire. Never heat it for more than the recommended time. And always supervise your Warmie when microwaving and ensure it’s not overheating.
The outside of the Warmie may feel hot right after microwaving but the inside filling takes longer to heat up. So give your Warmie a few minutes to distribute the warmth evenly before hugging or laying on it.
Checking If Your Warmie Is Heated Properly
Here are some ways to check if your Warmie is heated up just right:
- Touch Test: Feel the Warmie with your hands to test the temperature. It should feel nicely warm but not scalding hot.
- Lavender Scent: When properly heated, you’ll be able to smell the soothing lavender aroma.
- Softness: A well-heated Warmie will feel soft and pliable, not stiff or hard.
- Coziness: Your Warmie should feel snuggly and cozy, giving you that warm hug feeling.
If it doesn’t feel warm enough, heat it for an extra 10-20 seconds max. It’s better to underheat than overheat.
Safety Tips When Microwaving Your Warmie
To safely heat up your Warmie, keep these safety guidelines in mind:
- Always follow the heating instructions properly.
- Do not overheat or microwave for too long.
- Check the temperature before use, it may be hot right out of the microwave.
- Adult supervision required if heating Warmies for kids.
- Do not microwave a Wet Warmie – always heat dry.
- Let it cool down before reheating.
- Keep away from children under 3 years of age.
- For external use only.
With proper heating and care, your Warmie will provide years of warm hugs and cozy comfort!
How Long Does The Warmth Last?
Once properly heated up, your Warmie will stay deliciously warm and cozy for at least 30 minutes. The warmer your room, the longer your Warmie will retain its heat.
To maximize the warmth and relaxation benefits, you can reheat your Warmie whenever it starts losing its heat. Let it cool down first before reheating to avoid overheating.
Reheating Your Warmie
You can reheat your Warmie whenever you want that soothing warmth again. Follow the same microwave heating instructions, checking periodically if it’s hot enough for your liking. Allow it to cool down for 15-30 minutes before reheating.
Avoid reheating too frequently, as the grains may get dried out. For best results, limit reheating to 1-2 times per use.
The Benefits of Warmies Warm Plush Toys
Here are some of the great benefits that Warmies provide:
- Relaxation & Stress Relief: The soothing warmth and lavender aroma are perfect for melting away stress.
- Comfort & Coziness: Warmies give the warm and fuzzy feeling of a comforting hug.
- Better Sleep: The warmth and scent help both kids and adults fall asleep faster.
- Pain & Tension Relief: The gentle heat can ease aches and pains. Place on sore areas for natural relief.
- Travel Companion: Warmies are the perfect on-the-go friend to take the chill off on trips.
- Fun Cuddly Friend: Kids love to play, snuggle and nap with their adorable Warmie pals.
With proper microwave heating, Warmies provide years of warm, cozy comfort and relaxation for all ages!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I heat a Warmie for a 700 watt microwave?
For a 700W microwave, heat your Warmie for 85 seconds.
Is it safe to microwave Warmies?
Yes, Warmies are completely safe to microwave when following the proper heating instructions. But always supervise children and never overheat.
Can I reuse a Warmie?
Absolutely! Let your Warmie fully cool down before reheating. Reheat up to 1-2 times per use. Limit reheating to preserve the grains inside.
What do I do if my Warmie gets wet?
Do not microwave a wet Warmie. Allow your Warmie to fully air dry before heating up again.
How many times can a Warmie be heated?
With proper care, you should be able to heat your Warmie 100+ times over a few years. Limit each reheating session to 1-2 times.
What if my microwave wattage isn’t listed?
For an unlisted wattage under 1000W, start with 70 seconds and check if your Warmie is hot enough. Adjust the time as needed.
Warmies are a delightfully warm and cozy way to relax and unwind. By following the simple microwave heating instructions adjusted for your specific microwave wattage, you can heat up these soothing plush toys safely and enjoy their benefits fully.
With proper heating times and a bit of trial and error to personalize it for your microwave, you’ll find the perfect heat level for your Warmie.
So go give your Warmie a warm hug in the microwave and enjoy the warm, lavender-scented comfort whenever you need to destress. Warmies are the ideal snuggly companion for both children and adults alike.