I love a good biscuit. There’s something about the combination of flour, butter, and sugar that just makes my taste buds happy. I usually make biscuits from scratch, but there are times when I need a quick and easy option. That’s where this microwaved rolled biscuits recipe comes in handy.
This recipe is so quick and easy to make. You only need a few ingredients, and the dough is ready in no time. Plus, the biscuits are delicious. They’re perfect for a quick snack or breakfast on the go.
Making biscuits in the microwave is about as easy as it gets – all you need are two ingredients and a few minutes of your time. My favorite is Betty Crocker Bisquick Complete Buttermilk Biscuit Mix. The mix already has the perfect ratio of flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. You just need to add water to make the dough. But you can use any biscuit mix that you like.
How Long to Microwave Biscuits
The cook time will depend on the wattage of your microwave and the number of biscuits that you’re cooking. I cook 4 biscuits for 1 1/2 minutes on high power at 900 watts. 2 biscuits will take about 1 minute, and 6 biscuits will take about 2 minutes.
Yield: Yield: 4 servings
- 1 package of biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup of water
- Mix together the biscuit mix and water until combined.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Add a tablespoon of flour to the dough and knead it.
- Keep kneading until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place the dough on the prepared wax paper.
- Roll the dough using a rolling pin until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut out shapes from the dough.
- Microwave the biscuits for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Carefully remove the biscuits from the microwave.
- Let the biscuits cool for one or two minutes before serving.
How to Spice Up Your Biscuits
If you’re in a biscuit rut and looking for ways to spice things up, never fear! Here are five easy ways to give your rolled biscuits a little bit of extra flavor.
1. Stir in some diced fruit or vegetables. This is a great way to sneak in an extra serving or two of fruits or vegetables. Try diced apples, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or even chopped broccoli or spinach. Just be sure not to add too much; you don’t want the fruit or vegetables to overpower the dough itself.
2. Add some shredded cheese. Cheddar is always a good choice, but feel free to experiment with other types of cheese like Swiss, mozzarella, or Parmesan. You could even go for a sharp white cheddar for an extra kick. Just add in about ½ cup of shredded cheese to the dough before you start rolling it out.
3. Slather on some jam. This is an easy way to make a sweet biscuit. Just spread a thin layer of your favorite fruit jam on each biscuit before microwaving. I like to use strawberry or raspberry jam, but you could use any flavor that you like.
4. Top with a dollop of honey. Another quick and easy way to sweeten things up is to top each biscuit with a small dollop of honey before microwaving. This is a great option if you want to keep things on the healthier side.
5. Sprinkle with some spices. If you’re in the mood for something savory, try sprinkling some dried herbs or spices on top of the biscuit dough before cutting out shapes. Some of my favorites are garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Just be sure not to add too much; a little goes a long way.
With so many easy ways to dress up your biscuits, you’ll never get bored! And the best part is, most of these ideas can be used with any type of biscuit recipe, not just rolled biscuits. So go ahead and experiment until you find your perfect combination.
The Benefits of Eating Rolled Biscuits
We all know that biscuits are delicious. But did you know that biscuits can also be good for you? That’s right, biscuits can have some health benefits. Here are a few reasons why you should consider adding rolled biscuits to your diet.
- Fiber: Biscuits are a good source of dietary fiber. Fiber is important for keeping our digestive system healthy and can also help to lower cholesterol levels.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Biscuits are also a good source of essential vitamins and minerals, such as iron, calcium, and magnesium.
- Anti-inflammatory Components: Some types of biscuits also contain anti-inflammatory components, which can help to reduce inflammation in the body.
- Calories: Biscuits are a good source of calories, which is important if you are looking to maintain or gain weight.
What Do You Eat with Rolled Biscuits?
There are endless possibilities when it comes to eating rolled biscuits. And while some people might say that the only thing you can eat with rolled biscuits is more rolled biscuits, I beg to differ.
There’s nothing better than starting your day off with a hearty breakfast, and rolled biscuits are the perfect addition. Pair them with some scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage for a complete meal that will fill you up until lunchtime. Or, if you’re looking for something on the sweeter side, try spreading some honey or jam on your biscuit.
For lunch, I recommend pairing your biscuit with a nice bowl of soup or chili. The biscuit will soak up all the delicious flavors and leave you feeling satisfied until dinner. Another great option is to make a sandwich with your biscuit. Just add some deli meat, cheese, and veggies, and you’re good to go!
There are a lot of great dinner options when it comes to rolled biscuits. One of my favorites is using them as “bread” for chicken pot pie. Just fill up your biscuit with as much pot pie filling as you can handle and enjoy! Other great dinner ideas include using them as buns for mini burgers or slicing them in half and using them as the base for an eggplant parmesan sandwich.
Of course, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention dessert! Rolled biscuits are the perfect vessel for all sorts of sweet treats. One of my favorites is simply spreading some Nutella on a warm biscuit and enjoying it as is. Or, if you want something a little fancier, try making strawberry shortcake with your biscuit. Simply top your biscuit with fresh strawberries and whipped cream for a delicious treat that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
If you’re not going to eat all of your microwaved rolled biscuits at once, it’s important to know how to store them properly. The easiest way to store them is to wrap them with foil or cling film in an airtight container and place them in the fridge. They will last for up to a week stored this way.
You can also freeze your biscuits for up to three months. Simply place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and place them in the freezer. When you’re ready to eat them, just thaw them in the fridge overnight and pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds to reheat.
This easy microwaved biscuits recipe is a great option when you need a quick and easy biscuit. The dough is ready in minutes, and the biscuits are delicious. They’re perfect for a quick snack or breakfast on the go. So next time you’re in a biscuit mood, give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed.