What is a better way to start your morning than to eat a Chipotle Bowl? You wake up to the irresistible aroma of a delicious bowl that is just waiting for you to eat it. As soon as you get out of bed, you are ready to devour it!
But what to do if you have leftover Chipotle Bowl at the end of the day or plan on having it for the next day? Can you reheat Chipotle Bowls in the microwave? Will it be just as delicious if you microwave a Chipotle Bowl for lunch the next day?
Can You Microwave Chipotle Bowl?
You can reheat your Chipotle Bowl in the microwave without too much of a problem. However, avoid using the original bowl that you got the Chipotle Bowl in.
Even though the original packaging is made of compostable materials, that doesn’t mean it will hold up to microwaving. It may melt and leach harmful chemicals into your Chipotle.
Here’s a short guide on how to microwave Chipotle Bowl:
Remove all toppings that won’t hold up to the microwave such as lettuce. Transfer the rest of the Chipotle Bowl into a microwave-safe container. Cover the microwaveable bowl and place it in the microwave for a minute.
Take it out and check if the Chipotle Bowl is hot enough. If it isn’t, microwave for another 15 seconds and check again. Continue heating in short increments until your Chipotle Bowl is sufficiently reheated.
Why You Shouldn’t Use the Original Bowl
A study conducted by The Counter reveals that all fiber bowls contain PFA’s or perfluorinated chemicals that are added to the inside of the bowl to hold it together and make it heat-resistant.
Unfortunately, they are also carcinogenic in high-heat settings like microwaves. They have been known to cause health problems like thyroid disease, kidney cancer, and testicular cancer, to name a few.
The moral of the story here is if you want to reheat your Chipotle Bowl in the microwave, transfer it first to a microwave-safe container. That way, you avoid chemicals and heat damage!
How To Reheat Chipotle Bowl in a Microwave
If you are in a hurry or on the go, microwaving is always a convenient option. To make sure that your Chipotle Bowl reheats safely and taste as delicious as it did when it was first made, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind.
First, as mentioned above, you will need to transfer the Chipotle Bowl from the original container to a microwave-safe one.
Second, to keep things as fresh as possible, you want to remove some toppings that won’t reheat well. After all, no one wants to sour sauce or soggy lettuce.
Here are some items to take out before microwaving:
- Any fresh vegetables
- Sour cream
Generally, all you want to reheat are beans, rice, meat, and tofu. I know this means there are extra steps you have to take, but it will be worth it!
Now let’s take a look at the step by step process for reheating a Chipotle Bowl in the microwave:
- Start by removing all fresh vegetables such as sour cream and lettuce.
- Next, transfer the remaining contents into a microwave-safe plate or container.
- Cover with saran wrap or microwavable lid and heat on medium for one minute.
- Quickly stir the plate and check to see if it has reached the desired temperature. If you prefer to use a food thermometer, you will want it to read 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you notice any cold areas, put it back in the microwave and continue to heat it in 15 seconds, stirring after each one.
- Keep going until you are satisfied with the temperature of the bowl.
- Transfer it back to a good container and add back any ingredients you removed.
The beauty of Chipotle Bowl is that it is highly customizable. After reheating, you can add more of the ingredients you like or swap out some of the ones you don’t like. There is no right or wrong way to eat Chipotle Bowl. It is all up to you!
Other Ways to Reheat Chipotle Bowl
Using a microwave is not the only way to reheat Chipotle Bowl. It is also possible to heat Chipotle Bowl up using the stovetop and oven.
Using an Oven
Although reheating a Chipotle Bowl in the oven may take a little longer, it is the best method as far as a result goes. This method will reheat your burrito bowl evenly and thoroughly all the way through without burning or overcooking anything.
Just follow these few simple steps if you want to reheat a Chipotle Bowl in the oven:
- Like the microwave method, you will want to first remove all the fresh ingredients from the Chipotle bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unwrap the original foil holding the Chipotle Bowl and transfer it to an oven-safe dish.
- Cover with foil and heat for 10-15 minutes or until everything is heated to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and move it to a new plate or bowl.
- Add back in any toppings you removed.
Using a Skillet On the Stovetop
Using a skillet on the stovetop is another way to heat up your Chipotle Bowl. What makes this method unique is that it allows you to make a makeshift burrito out of your Chipotle Bowl.
Just add all the ingredients and roll it up in a tortilla, and you’ll have a burrito that is just as delicious and filling as the real thing!
Here are some steps to follow if you want to reheat your Chipotle Bowl over the stovetop:
- Once again, we will start the process by taking out all the fresh ingredients.
- Heat the skillet on medium to low heat.
- Add a tiny bit of butter or cooking spray to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Transfer your Chipotle Bowl into the skillet and heat for 2-4 minutes, stirring intermittently.
- When it is heated all the way through, transfer to a new plate or bowl.
- Add back in any ingredients you took out.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Difference between Chipotle Burrito and Bowl
Most people might be confused about the difference between a Chipotle Burrito and Chipotle Bowl. To put it simply, a Chipotle Bowl is a burrito minus the tortilla.
Can You Refrigerate a Chipotle Bowl?
Yes, you can. That’s the reason why the company provides you with a foil lid to store your Chipotle Bowl in the refrigerator.
Can You Eat a Chipotle Bowl Cold?
Most people prefer eating their Chipotle Bowl piping hot, but there is no harm in eating it out of the fridge and cold.
There are a few different ways to reheat your Chipotle Bowl depending on what your needs are. Using the oven, the microwave and the stovetop are all excellent options for reheating your Chipotle Bowl.
If you want to eat your Chipotle Bowl as soon as possible, then the microwave is definitely your best choice.
If you need the reassurance that you are covering all your food safety bases, then reheating in the oven is definitely what you should choose.
If you are looking for a healthy alternative or if you want to turn your Chipotle Bowl into a burrito, then the stovetop is your best option.
If you’re looking for instructions on how to microwave other Chipotle products, including Chipotle burritos, head on over to our microwave page for more information. We have a variety of articles that will help you reheat your food safely and correctly, so you can enjoy it at its best.