If you are a fan of spicy food, you might have heard of Samyang buldak ramen, also known as fire chicken noodles. These are instant noodles from South Korea that are notoriously hot and delicious. They come in different flavors and levels of spiciness, from original to 2x spicy to cheese to carbonara. You can find them in most Asian grocery stores or online.
But what if you don’t have access to a stove or a pot to boil water? Can you cook Samyang buldak ramen in the microwave? The answer is yes, you can! And it’s not that hard to do. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Open the package and take out the noodles, sauce, and flakes. You will need a large microwave-safe bowl that can hold at least 500 ml of water. You will also need a pair of scissors and a fork.
2. Fill the bowl with water up to the line marked on the package. You can adjust the amount of water depending on how soupy or dry you want your noodles to be. Put the noodles in the bowl and make sure they are submerged in water.
3. Microwave the bowl for about 5 minutes on high power. The cooking time may vary depending on your microwave wattage and preference. You can check the noodles halfway through and stir them with a fork to make sure they cook evenly.
4. Carefully take out the bowl from the microwave using oven mitts or a towel. Be careful not to burn yourself with the hot steam or water. Drain the excess water from the bowl using a colander or a lid. Leave some water if you want your noodles to be soupy.
5. Cut open the sauce packet with scissors and squeeze it over the noodles. Use a fork to mix well until the noodles are coated with the sauce. You can add more or less sauce depending on how spicy you want your noodles to be.
6. Sprinkle the flakes over the noodles and stir again. The flakes usually contain sesame seeds, seaweed, and dried vegetables. They add some crunch and flavor to your noodles.
7. Enjoy your Samyang buldak ramen! You can eat it straight from the bowl or transfer it to a plate. You can also add some toppings if you like, such as cheese, eggs, green onions, or kimchi.
Related: Can kimchi be microwaved safely?
Tips and Tricks To Make Your Microwave Ramen More Delicious
Microwave ramen may not be as satisfying as stove-cooked ramen, but there are some ways to enhance its flavor and texture. Here are some tips and tricks to try:
- Add some cheese: Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of your ramen before microwaving it. The cheese will melt and create a creamy sauce that balances the spiciness of the noodles.
- Add some veggies: Chop up some green onions, carrots, mushrooms, or any other veggies you like and add them to your ramen. They will add some crunch and freshness to your dish.
- Add some protein: You can also add some cooked chicken, beef, tofu, or eggs to your ramen for some extra protein and richness. You can either mix them with the noodles or place them on top as a garnish.
- Add some sesame oil: Drizzle some sesame oil over your ramen after microwaving it. The oil will add some nuttiness and aroma to your dish.
- Add some vinegar: If you find the ramen too spicy or salty, you can add some vinegar to your broth. The vinegar will cut through the heaviness and add some tanginess to your dish.
The Best Drinks To Pair With Samyang Buldak Ramen
If you love Samyang buldak ramen, you know how spicy and addictive it can be. But what do you drink with it to quench your thirst and cool down your tongue? Here are some of the best drinks to pair with your fiery noodles:
1. Milk: Milk is a classic choice for spicy food lovers. It contains casein, a protein that binds to the capsaicin (the compound that makes chili peppers hot) and washes it away from your mouth. Plus, it’s creamy and refreshing. You can choose any kind of milk you like, such as cow’s milk, soy milk, almond milk, or oat milk.
Related: How to Warm Oat Milk in Microwave
2. Water: Water may seem like a boring option, but it’s actually very effective at hydrating your body and diluting the spiciness in your mouth. Just make sure to drink cold or room temperature water, not hot water, as that can make the spiciness worse. You can also add some ice cubes or lemon slices to your water for some extra flavor and freshness.
3. Tea: Tea is another great drink to pair with Samyang buldak ramen. It has antioxidants that can help reduce inflammation and soothe your stomach. You can choose any kind of tea you like, such as green tea, black tea, herbal tea, or fruit tea. Just avoid adding too much sugar or honey to your tea, as that can make the spiciness more intense.
4. Beer: Beer is a popular drink to pair with Samyang buldak ramen, especially among young people. It has carbonation that can help ease the burning sensation in your mouth and throat.
It also has alcohol that can numb your pain receptors and make you feel more relaxed. You can choose any kind of beer you like, such as lager, ale, stout, or cider. Just be careful not to drink too much beer, as that can dehydrate you and make you feel bloated.
5. Smoothie: Smoothie is a delicious and nutritious drink to pair with Samyang buldak ramen. It has fruits and vegetables that can provide vitamins and minerals to your body and balance out the spiciness of the noodles.
You can choose any kind of smoothie you like, such as banana smoothie, strawberry smoothie, mango smoothie, or spinach smoothie. Just make sure to use fresh or frozen ingredients and avoid adding too much sugar or artificial sweeteners to your smoothie.
These are some of the best drinks to pair with Samyang buldak ramen. Try them out and see which one suits your taste buds the best.
That’s it! You have successfully cooked Samyang buldak ramen in the microwave. It’s quick, easy, and convenient. And most importantly, it’s super tasty and spicy.
But be warned: these noodles are not for the faint of heart. They are very hot and can make your mouth burn and your eyes water. You might need some milk, yogurt, or ice cream to cool down your tongue after eating them. And don’t forget to drink plenty of water.
If you love spicy food and want to challenge yourself, try Samyang buldak ramen in the microwave. You won’t regret it!